Among the top-ranked programs in the world, the UCSC MS in Games & Playable Media and MS in Serious Games are 5 quarter, intensive programs in which students are offered unparalleled access to a game industry experience. From in-depth studio tours to our amazing advisory board to our challenging courses, this is the education you were hoping for.
- Concept to Creation: Take your game idea from concept to completion in just five quarters using state-of-the-art development tools.
- Award-Winning Faculty: Learn from faculty who define genres and whose games have won dozens of awards. All faculty are game-industry experienced and highly involved in your projects.
- Award-Winning Industry Advisory Panel: Our advisory panel assists students with their projects throughout the quarter and provides regular direction and insight into the game industry. See for yourself!
- Cultivated Program: Courses in design, coding, art, sound design and professional practice prepare students for careers as independent game developers as well as highly useful members of AAA teams.
- Industry Speakers & Events: From lead programmers to tech directors to to game designers to game changers, industry luminaries address students throughout the quarter in intimate invite-only seminars. Every student also receives guaranteed entry to GDC.
- Location: Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the UCSC Games & Playable Media Master’s program offers unprecedented access to game industry companies and events.
- State-of-the-Art Facility: A brand new studio with top-of-the-line equipment and software tools supports you in your quest to innovate and make the best games possible.
Questions? Want to visit? Please contact our Outreach Coordinator, Bri Lopez.
Still want to learn more? Check out our story on Waypoint Presents, a documentary series on games and culture: