Among the top-ranked programs in the world, the UCSC MS in Games & Playable media is a 12-month, intensive program in which students are offered unparalleled access to a game industry experience. From in-depth studio tours to our amazing advisory board to our challenging courses, this is the education you were hoping for.
- Concept to Creation: Take your game idea from concept to completion in just one year using state-of-the-art development tools.
- Award-Winning Faculty: Learn from faculty who defined genres and whose games have won literally dozens of awards. All faculty are game-industry experienced and highly involved in your projects.
- Award-Winning Industry Advisory Panel: Our advisory panel assists students with their projects throughout the quarter and provides regular direction and insight into the game industry. See for yourself!
- Cultivated Program: Courses in design, coding, art, sound design and professional practice prepare students for careers as independent game developers as well as highly useful members of AAA teams.
- Industry Speakers & Events: From lead programmers to tech directors to to game designers to game changers, industry luminaries address students throughout the quarter in intimate invite-only seminars.
- Location: Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the UCSC Games & Playable Media Master’s program offers unprecedented access to game industry companies and events.
- State-of-the-Art Facility: A brand new studio with top-of-the-line equipment and software tools supports you in your quest to innovate and make the best games possible.
Questions? Want to visit? Please contact program director Michael John at email@example.com.